Arrest made in connection with death of teenager in Lowell, MA – NBC Boston

A man was arrested in connection with the shooting death of a 15-year-old girl last week in Lowell, Massachusetts, authorities said Monday.

The girl was identified Monday as Alianah Dickey, who was killed late Thursday or early Friday just hours before her eighth-grade graduation, Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan said Monday.

Trevor Bady, a 21-year-old from Tewksbury, was arrested Monday afternoon. He faces charges including murder in connection with Alianah's death, Ryan said. He was scheduled to appear in Lowell District Court on Tuesday. It was not immediately clear if he had an attorney who could comment on his arrest.

The two were together and Alianah told others that the man had abused her.

“Alianna was supposed to graduate eighth grade on Friday,” Ryan said.

Bady is charged with murder, armed burglary of a dwelling, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition, and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building.

Early Friday morning, just after midnight, police received a call reporting a man and a woman arguing across the street. The caller heard the woman screaming, “Go away, get away from me, I don't want to be with you anymore.”

That caller also reported hearing gunshots. Police responded but were unable to locate the people involved, Ryan's office said.

On Friday afternoon, Alianah did not show up for her graduation ceremony. At around 6:10 p.m., her grandmother called Lowell police and reported that she had been found in an apartment on Lawrence Street and was possibly dead. She had suffered multiple gunshot wounds.

“This is an isolated incident,” said Greg Hudon, Lowell Police Chief, adding that the arrest
“There no longer appears to be any threat to public safety.”

Authorities said a family member found the 15-year-old girl with serious injuries in the Lowell apartment on Friday, the day she graduated from eighth grade.

Authorities had previously stated that they were investigating the case as an apparent murder.